Book 2 post 1

 The book I’ve decided to read is Feel-Good Productivity: How to Do More of What Matters to You by Ali Abdaa. 


As someone who tends to go through intermittent bursts of productivity, procrastination, intense work, and super severe burn out, I hope to learn how to manage my work a little better than I have this past semester. I had hoped my bed time would change in college as I was going to sleep around 2-3 AM in high school every day. And it did, just not in the direction I wanted. This past semester my bedtime has somehow shifted to anywhere from 4:30-6:30 AM on a daily basis and on days with especially heavy work loads, after the sun rises. As a result of this awful sleep schedule I know that I have not been able to fully focus in any of my classes nor make the most of the excessive hours I spend doing homework, so I am hoping to find some strategies I can use to improve my work habits and in turn my sleep habits as well.


Based on the Goodreads description of the book, I specifically hope to better understand how I can determine and apply the so called “energizers,” “sustainers,” and “blockers” necessary to work more efficiently and effectively in my day to day life to work towards getting my schedule back under control as I know a large reason behind the late bedtime is due to my poor time management and reluctance to start many of my assignments.


Comments